Jan 11, 2012


Steven Spielberg has revealed that he was inspired to make "darker" films after the 9/11 terror attacks in America.

The 65-year-old director is well-known for family friendly projects such as 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial', the 'Indiana Jones' franchise and 'Jurassic Park', but he felt compelled to alter his style after the 2001 atrocities which left almost 3,000 people dead.

"9/11 changed a lot for me," Contactmusic quoted the filmmaker as telling the Independent.

"It changed a lot for everybody in the world. And my films did grow darker after 9/11.

"Minority Report was a very dark look at the future, and certainly War of the Worlds, which was a very direct reference to 9/11.

"It was a real post-9/11 story. Not intended that way, but that's the way it turned out.So I think the world has a great impact on how it colours my movies.

"I think that's a good sign. It just means I'm changing by being aware of what's happening," he added.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.